50,000th FUSO Canter Truck Sold in Australia

50,000th FUSO Canter Truck Sold in Australia
12.
August 2013
Stuttgart
  • Sales success in Australia: Daimler breaks sales record with 50,000 units of FUSO Canter truck
  • Anniversary vehicle handed over to one of Australia’s leading freight and logistics provider “ StarTrack”
Daimler’s Japanese subsidiary Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) is celebrating a milestone in Australia with the sale of the 50,000th FUSO Canter light-duty truck. The Australian freight and logistics company StarTrack is rounding off its customer fleet with the newly purchased anniversary vehicle. The fleet includes over 3,000 vehicles – more than half of which are FUSO Canter and Fighter trucks. StarTrack ordered 185 new vehicles from FUSO already in January of this year. With branches in 48 locations, the company is one of the leading logistics providers in Australia.
Dr. Albert Kirchmann, Head of Daimler Trucks Asia and MFTBC President & CEO: “The FUSO Canter has been writing a success story for MFTBC for eight generations. Our customers are giving us top scores worldwide in particular for optimal total cost of ownership. The Canter is safe and economical and supports our customers in their daily business.”
The first generation of the FUSO Canter truck came on the market in March 1963. Fifty years and eight generations later, MFTBC is celebrating the truck as an all-time hit with sales of over 3,700,000 units worldwide since the market launch in the Japanese home market. Within a 40-year sales history in Australia, the FUSO Canter developed into a popular product. Since May 2011, the eighth generation of the light-duty truck is available on the Australian continent.
Richard Eyre, General Manager FUSO Trucks and Buses Australia: “In the first half of 2013, we were able to grow our market share in the light-duty truck segment significantly to around 25 percent. The positive orders position attests to the trust of our long-standing customers in the FUSO product range. We are proud to hand over the anniversary truck to our longstanding partner StarTrack.”
Stephen Cleary, StarTrack Chief Executive Officer (CEO): “StarTrack has relied on the comfort, reliability and fuel economy of FUSO trucks since the 1980s. The vehicles help us to drive our business forward successfully. We are very pleased to be adding the 50,000th Canter to our fleet.”
In addition to conventionally operated vehicles, StarTrack also has several dozen eco-friendly FUSO Canter Eco Hybrid trucks in its fleet park. StarTrack became established as operator of the largest fleet of hybrid vehicles in Australia in 2011.
About Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation
The Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation based in Japan is one of Asia’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers. The company produces and sells light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses. Daimler AG owns 89.29% of MFTBC shares. The remaining 10.71% are held by various companies of the Mitsubishi Group. MFTBC is an integral part of the Daimler Trucks division of Daimler AG.

Press Contact

  • Business Communications Commercial Vehicles International Business Operations FUSO, DTNA and Mercedes-Benz do Brasil
  • Tel: +49 711 1735328
  • Fax: .

Media

Back
  • 13A834
    The 50,000th FUSO Canter light-duty truck was sold in Australia. The freight and logistic company StarTrack is rounding off its customer fleet with the newly purchased anniversary vehicle. The fleet includes over 3,000 vehicles – more than half of which are FUSO Canter and Fighter trucks. With this fleet size and branches in 48 locations, the company is one of the leading logistics provider in Australia. In the picture from left to right: Scott Gardiner, StarTrack Manager Multihaul and Fleet Operations, and Brett Arandale, Fleet Sales Manager FUSO.
Loading