Mercedes-Benz Trucks: Strong presence of the new Actros: Mercedes-Benz Trucks introduces the special Edition 1 model at the International Commercial Vehicle Show (IAA)
- Mercedes-Benz is celebrating the production start-up of the new Actros with the special Edition 1 model limited to 400 examples
- Unrivalled driving, working and living experience – numerous extras lend the "Edition 1" an unmistakable character and impressively demonstrate the market leadership of Mercedes-Benz Trucks
- In terms of efficiency, the new Actros sets the standard with low total costs, first-class safety and maximum vehicle availability
- Active Drive Assist, MirrorCam, Active Brake Assist 5, a multimedia cockpit and improved Predictive Powertrain Control are the highlights among over 60 innovations
Stuttgart – The new Actros comes with trailblazing innovations that immediately pay for themselves. Both company owners and drivers will profit from an unparalleled level of efficiency and comfort. Mercedes-Benz is celebrating the presentation of the new flagship model at the International Commercial Vehicle Show in Hanover with the special "Edition 1" model limited to 400 examples, whose numerous extras offer maximum comfort and safety for the driver. There are also selected design features that give the vehicle a high recognition factor.
The Edition 1 has outstanding safety features that include MirrorCam and Active Brake Assist 5. The Active Drive Assist, which makes semi-automated driving possible, makes a noticeably contribution, too. The improved Predictive Powertrain Control not only allows significant fuel savings, but now also relieves the driver's workload on overland routes. And as in the standard model, the new, intuitively controlled multimedia cockpit brings innovative functionalities into the cab.
Seven packages included
Besides the around 60 innovations in the standard equipment of the new Actros, the "Edition 1" adds numerous special equipment items geared to the driver. These include no less than seven packages:
- Safety package with e.g. Active Brake Assist 5, airbag, Proximity Control Assist
- Driving package with electric roller sunblind, leather steering wheel and more
- Comfort package with ambience lighting Night & Day, shaving mirror, refrigerator, etc.
- Media package with sound system, notebook holder, additional 12 V/15 socket
- Stowage package including table on the co-driver's side, shelving system, drawer under the beltline and more
- Sight package including e.g. bi-xenon headlamps and LED rear lights
- Extra line with LED position lamps in MC, LED indicators and Welcome Light
High recognition factor
Both inside and out, extensive optional features ensure a high recognition factor. For example the "Edition 1" logo in the sun visor and below the model plate. Or the four additional LED long-range headlamps and the exclusive paint finish on the maintenance flap and front-end flap. The specification also includes an illuminated Mercedes-Benz star with a black facing and six decorative mesh inserts with a darkened headlamp surround. The MirrorCam in chrome is an alternative to the conventional exterior mirrors, which are also available for the Edition 1.
The stainless steel steps are striking when viewed from the sides. On semi-trailer tractors, stainless steel louvres adorn the side panelling. The rear axle caps are likewise in stainless steel, with wheel bolt protectors at the front and rear.
Eye-catching interior features include leather door handles with contrasting seams, the leather steering wheel, the black leather cockpit and the exclusive floor mats. Looking upwards, the roof hatch has ambience lighting in eight colours. The upper bed comes with a bedcover, and in semitrailer tractors it is an amazing 900 mm wide. An all-round curtain – almond beige inside and black outside – ensures stylish privacy. As does the curtain with Mercedes-Benz star alongside the bed. On the co-driver's side, another "Edition 1" logo in polished and brushed aluminium documents the serial number as one of the 400 vehicles.
With its unique design, the "Edition 1" underscores the leading position of the new Actros in the competitive lineup. It is available for all 2 and 3-axle models of the new Actros with GigaSpace and BigSpace cab, both in left and right-hand drive. The cab paintwork is freely selectable and can be adapted to the customer's particular company colours.