Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
Mercedes-Benz plant Bremen: First customer handover of the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet
- First Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet handed over at the Bremen Customer Centre by Plant Manager Peter Schabert immediately after the market launch.
- Peter Schabert: "The highly qualified team in Bremen produces the new Cabriolet with great commitment and enthusiasm. It is a real pleasure to hand over the keys to the first owner personally today."
- The new features in the Cabriolet include the automatic draught-stop AIRCAP®: always on board and easily controllable at the push of a button, it reduces turbulence substantially for all four seat occupants.
Today business owner Dieter Funke was personally presented with the keys to his new Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet by Peter Schabert, Manager of the Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen. He is the very first customer to take delivery of the two-door convertible with its classic fabric soft top at the Customer Centre, immediately after the market launch. Dieter Funke decided in favour of an E 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY Cabriolet in palladium silver.
Peter Schabert, Manager of the Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen: "The highly qualified team in Bremen produces the new Cabriolet with great commitment and enthusiasm. Mercedes-Benz is adding a particularly attractive product to the successful E-Class family with this car. It is therefore a real pleasure to hand over the keys to the first owner personally today."
Originally from the Rhineland, businessman Dieter Funke moved to Berlin around 30 years ago. He has driven cars bearing the Mercedes star for many years, including convertibles. "I really enjoy it. I covered more than 210,000 kilometres with my CLK Cabriolet, and was always happy with it – simply a wonderful car," says Funke. As a fan of emotionally appealing two-door cars, he was particularly looking forward to the new E-Class Cabriolet - so much that he has been driving the E-Class Coupé in recent months. The E-Class Coupé and Cabriolet are produced flexibly on a single production line at the Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen.
With the new E-Class Cabriolet, the cabriolet season lasts the whole year because, while many cabriolets tend to disappear from the roads of Western Europe in the autumn, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet provides driving pleasure and comfort whether the roof is open or closed.
New features include:
- AIRCAP® automatic draught-stop: always on board and easily controllable at the push of a button, it reduces turbulence substantially for all four seat occupants, plus
- Modified AIRSCARF® neck-level heating system
- and the acoustic soft top fitted as standard.
The AIRCAP® automatic draught-stop, which can be activated at the push of a button, greatly reduces turbulence in the interior of the new Mercedes E-Class Cabriolet, creating a sea of warm air. Thanks to the reduction in wind turbulence, activating AIRCAP® (this is possible at speeds up to 160 km/h, and it can be used even at very high speeds) not only improves occupant comfort, but also reduces noise levels - passengers on all the seats are able to converse much more easily. AIRCAP® is therefore a classic Mercedes innovation: functional, comfort-enhancing, elegant and safe.