Extensive standard equipment, unique exterior and interior lines, attractive equipment packages, and exclusive extras make every E-Class Estate special.
The individualisation options are practically unlimited - as can be seen from the price list, which is 68 pages long. The standard version of the Estate features a star on the bonnet and a radiator trim with three louvres. It has roof rails in black and a beltline trim strip in polished aluminium, while the window weatherstrips are finished in matt black. The rear bumper incorporates an insert in a black diffuser look, the exhaust system non-visible exhaust tailpipes. The two-piece tail lamps are based on LED technology with a crystal look. The interior appointments colour is black with upholstery in black Marseille fabric. The Estate has 43.2 cm (17-inch) 10-spoke light-alloy wheels. Standard equipment includes (in alphabetical order):
- Active Brake Assist: this system can help to prevent or mitigate the consequences of accidents with vehicles up ahead or crossing pedestrians. It includes distance and collision warnings as well as selective braking assistance and an autonomous braking function.
- Audio 20 USB: the online-capable multimedia system with twin tuner connects easily to mobile devices. Information is shown on a high-resolution Media Display with a 21.3 cm (8.4-inch) screen diagonal.
- DYNAMIC SELECT for selecting from five driving modes: parameters such as the characteristics of the engine, transmission, ESP® and steering are adjusted depending on the selected driving mode.
- EASY-PACK tailgate: the EASY-PACK tailgate can be opened and closed easily at the touch of a button for convenient loading and unloading. Operation is electromechanical.
- THERMATIC automatic climate control: customised climate comfort for driver and front passenger with two climate zones
- Communication module (UMTS) for the use of Mercedes me connect services with permanently installed SIM card
- Rear air suspension with level control system
- Mercedes-Benz emergency call system: data is transferred via a communication module with its own SIM card. No mobile phone is required for this.
- Multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather: control panels left and right, each with a Touch Control Button and 4 buttons plus steering-wheel gearshift paddles (in conjunction with automatic transmission)
- PRE-SAFE® system: the system can detect critical driving situations in advance and, if there is an imminent risk of an accident, initiate preventive occupant-protection measures. The range of functions includes reversible belt tensioning and other measures as well as PRE-SAFE® Sound (which prepares the occupants' ears for the expected accident noise).
- Seven airbags, four belt tensioners and belt force limiters
The Lines: from AVANTGARDE to EXCLUSIVE to AMG
The sporty AVANTGARDE exterior features a dynamic front bumper with chrome trim and air intakes with diamond grille, radiator trim with chrome surround, an integral Mercedes star and two louvres in matt iridium silver with chrome inserts, and a Mercedes-Benz laurel-wreath badge on the bonnet. The side skirts are painted in the body colour with chrome inserts, while the roof rails, beltline trim strip and window weatherstrips are finished in polished aluminium. The rear bumper has an insert in a black diffuser look and a chrome trim, while the exhaust system has two integral tailpipe trim elements in the bumper. The AVANTGARDE suspension is 15 mm lower and paired with 43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-spoke light-alloy wheels.
The AVANTGARDE interior is available in a choice of three colour schemes (black, nut brown/black, macchiato beige/black). To match these schemes, the comfortable sports seats are available in ARTICO man-made leather/Norwich fabric in black, nut brown or macchiato beige, while the seat cushions feature horizontal stitching. The trim is finished in trapezium-grain aluminium, while the ambient lighting offers 64 colours as well as rear footwell lighting. There is an analogue clock on the centre console.
The EXCLUSIVE exterior is distinguishable by the front bumper with chrome trim and the star on the bonnet, otherwise it is essentially the same as the AVANTGARDE Line. The EXCLUSIVE interior is likewise available in a choice of three colour schemes (black, nut brown/espresso brown, macchiato beige/espresso brown), while the comfort seats feature vertical stitching on the seat cushions, and the upholstery is in leather/Valence fabric in black, nut brown or macchiato beige. In this case, there is an open-pore light brown ash wood trim. If ARTICO man-made leather (in black or espresso brown with contrasting topstitching) is specified, this material is also used on the upper section of the dashboard, the beltlines and the door centre panels.
The AMG Line exterior is sporty. It includes AMG bodystyling consisting of an AMG front apron with chrome trim as well as sporty and distinctive air intakes with two louvres on each side plus AMG side sill panels and an AMG rear apron in diffuser look with chrome trim. The radiator grille features the integral Mercedes star, two matt iridium silver louvres and chrome inserts. The 15 mm lower suspension of the AMG Line is paired with 48.3 cm (19-inch) AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in titanium grey with a high-sheen finish; the front brake discs are perforated, and the front brake callipers have "Mercedes-Benz" lettering. The AMG Line interior includes a choice of two colour schemes (black, saddle brown/black), sports seats with horizontal stitching on the seat cushions and a sporty backrest contour for even more lateral support, upholstery in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre in black or (for an additional charge) nappa leather in black or nappa leather in saddle brown. The multifunction sports steering wheel has a flattened bottom section.
As an exclusive, the two designo Interior packages are available in a black/titanium grey pearl or macchiato beige/saddle brown colour scheme. The seats, steering wheel, upper section of the dashboard and armrests are trimmed in nappa leather in the chosen colour combination. The comfort seats feature diamond stitching on the seat cushions and backrests. The trim is either in matching high-gloss brown burr walnut wood or open-pore black ash wood.
Further available features include other trims, such as a finish with exclusive flowing lines, as well as a wood/leather multifunction steering wheel, depending on interior line.