Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
Refreshments on Four Wheels: 140 new Fuso Canter Trucks on the Road for Coca-Cola in Egypt
- Fuso receives major order from Egypt growth market
- “The Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Egypt” delivers beverages in 140 new Fuso Canter light-duty trucks
- With “FUSO 2015” Daimler will generate further growth on the African continent and will sell 200,000 units per year worldwide in the medium term
The Japanese Daimler-subsidiary, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC), is progressing towards its target with the “FUSO 2015” growth strategy. In the medium term, annual sales of 200,000 trucks and buses of the Fuso brand are to be sold in international markets. The large order for 140 Fuso light-duty trucks by Coca-Cola in Egypt can thus be credited to the growth campaign. As a long-standing customer of Fuso, “The Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Egypt” is now adding new robust, fuel-efficient Fuso Canter trucks to its company-fleet in Egypt with in total more than 900 units comprised mainly of commercial trucks from Daimler. Coca-Cola is the world’s largest producer of non-alcoholic beverages and sells its products in more than 200 countries.
Daimler is successfully moving ahead on the African continent with the established commercial vehicle brand of Fuso, which celebrated the 80th anniversary of the brand last year. In 2012, Fuso doubled its sales to over 8,000 units from the 2011 level of over 4,200 units. Together with its strong sales partners Daimler is generating further growth on the African continent.
A Profitable Player with the “FUSO 2015” Growth Strategy
Fuso’s goal is to establish a strong base in the Japanese home market and to double international sales in the medium term. For the successful implementation of the growth strategy, in the middle of 2012 Fuso optimized the sales and marketing structure with a view to meeting its customers´ requirements in over 150 markets worldwide even better.
The Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation, headquartered in Kawasaki, Japan, is one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers in Asia. The company produces and sells light-duty, medium-duty and heavy-duty trucks and buses. Daimler AG holds 89.29% of the shares in MFTBC. The remaining 10.71% are held by various companies of the Mitsubishi Group. MFTBC is part of the Daimler Trucks Business Division of Daimler AG.